Friday, May 6, 2011

Random Thoughts

Well done Davis on your first blog post.  I was interested to see what direction you were going to go with your blog career.  More to come I hope.



NFL Draft:  Ryan Mallett was selected, eventually, by the Patriots in 3rd round and 74th overall.  Predictably, he's using the good ol' "I'll make 'em pay" routine as help to get motivated.  My question: If the Patriots thought he was so great then why did they take 4 players prior to slecting Mallett and risk losing out on him?  Seems to me Mallett should make New England pay for not drafting him earlier by signing with the Arena League.

Bin Laden tweets:  The world of twitter.  Gotta love it.  Every nit-wit not only gets to have an opinion, but is able to spread that opinion instantaneously and on a whim across the world to thousands.  There is no sensor and no filter.  Which brings us to Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers who, upon hearing of Bin Laden's death, tweeted something along the lines of not knowing if Bin Laden is really a bad dude since we've only heard one side, and also insinuated that 9/11 was an inside job.  Oy vey.  Champion sports apparell promptly dropped Mendenhall as a sponsor.  Yay!  Good for them.  It's fascinating that some of these athletes are so distanced from the real world.  The guy grew up in Skokie, Ill for God's sake!!

Rondo:  Have I mentioned that I dislike him?  I've noticed he does an insane amount of hand gesturing, pointing, talking during the game.  Normally, this may be an indication of good communication with teammates or setting up a play, but in Rondo's case I really think it's all nonsense to make himself appear as if he's doing something important.  He's always pointing, waving, nodding, etc...I think it's all for the cameras.


and........


No comments:

Post a Comment