Sunday, February 6, 2011

Packers....damn.

I wasn't exactly sure who I was going to be rooting for going into the super bowl.  It was gonna be one of those games where I had to see how I felt once the game started.  As it turns out I guess I ended up rooting for the Steelers. But that can't be...can it?  I mean, their QB is a rapist for God's sake.  Even though I'm a lifetime Bears fan I haven't developed a hard core hatred for the Packers (but it's growing). I think I was rooting for the Steelers simply because of how frustratingly close the Bears came to being in the super bowl.  Should I just be satisfied and happy that the Bears were 30 yards away from possibly being in the super bowl with Caleb Hanie as our QB?  Or, should I be pissed off and annoyed that the Bears were only 30 yards away from possibly being in the Super Bowl with Caleb Hanie at QB?  The Bears lost to the super bowl champs with their 3rd string QB.  Hopefully this bodes well for the Beloved, but I see this draft as maybe one of the most important in recent Bears history.  The Packers, as nauseating as it is to admit, are here to stay, and the Bears need to hit a home run in the draft in order to stay with them.  Offensive Linemen please?  Angleo, you're up...

A few other observations:

*even with a broken collar bone, Charles Woodson still looks like a stud
*A-Rod...wow.  I don't think we'll forget Cameron Diaz feeding you popcorn on live television anytime soon
*The best advice for picking the super bowl winner at the start of the playoffs is going with the team with the best 'unit', whether that's offensive or defensive.  I mentioned this earlier when the Bears started looking like a legitimite contender due to their defensive performances near the end of the season.  Trying to be objective, it seems like the Packers offense and Pats offense were 1 and 1a heading into the playoffs.  It's a pretty good way to widdle down to an eventual champ.
*The Packers in matter of 2 yrs go from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.  Really annoying.
*Christina Aguillera forgetting the words?  c'mon man!  Isn't that the music equivalent of, say, Ichiro running to third instead of first?  Ok fine, maybe like forgetting how many outs there are, but still....

No comments:

Post a Comment